Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

As I prepare one of my favorite dishes for tonight's dinner I can only think about how thankful I am for everything that I have. I am thankful everyday that I wake up but I am glad that there is a day that has been reserved on the calendar for everyone to give thanks. Being able to spend time with your family, friends is a reminder of how grateful and thankful we are to have such wonderful people in our lives. That is what is most important.

This year I decided to only make one side dish, so why not make it fun and creative. I have been hearing and seeing pictures of Macaroni and Cheese Bites and I couldn't resist. The recipe I used was very simple and traditional: 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of butter, 1 cup of milk, 1 box of elbow macaroni, a pinch of sea salt, 1 bag of sharp cheddar cheese, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, a half a block of cracker barrel sharp cheddar cheese, and a garlic bread crumb mix with olive oil.

Tin foil muffin tray


Mixing the cheese blend


Placing the macaroni and cheese in the muffin cups


The finished product with bread crumbs 

Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment