Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Movie Review: Best Man Holiday



Review: Opening weekend of The Best Man Holiday I was so excited to go see this movie so I purchased a ticket an went that Saturday. With this being a sequel movie of course I had an expectation, I was wondering how things would all pan out after 14 years. Who is doing what? Did Lance and Mia have children? Who is Jordan dating? Are Q and Shelby a couple? All of those questions ran through my head. Once I sat down in my chair I was unsure of what my eyes were getting ready to embark on. 

I was happy, emotional, I laughed I cried I had empathy and those are all the things I wish to feel when I go see a drama/comedy movie. It was a great holiday movie that put reality into perspective. All the cast member did a awesome job, I must say my favorites still remain to be Jordan (Nia Long) and Lance (Morris Chestnut). Lance was the perfect husband in this movie, his character was consistent and loving. Jordan has a new man, Harper (Taye Diggs) and his wife Robyn (Sanaa Lathan) are expecting a child. ShelbyMelissa De Sousa) now has a daughter, Julian (Harold Perrineau) and Candace (Regina Hall) have to figure out somethings in their marriage, and Quentin a.k.a Q (Terrance Howard) is still up to his jokes and crazy antics. I don't want to spoil the movie for those people who haven't seen it by telling scene by scene but it is a must see. If you haven't seen it GO now. 

I give this movie ***** (5 Stars) 

If you did see the movie I want to hear your thoughts? Was it a great sequel? 

No comments:

Post a Comment